The A.H. Heisey Company was located in Newark, Ohio and opened in 1895 by A. H. Heisey. The factory provided fine quality glass tableware and decorative glass figurines (most desirable are their animal figurines). Both pressed and blown glassware was made in a wide variety of patterns and colours. In the late 50's foreign competition was taking its toll and many glass companies were once more in trouble. Increasing costs and other problems led to the company's demise. When Heisey closed the doors for Christmas vacation in 1957, they never opened again except to sell out the existing stock. Many of the molds were purchased by the Imperial Glass company. Heisey glassware is quickly identifiable by its high clarity and brilliance. It is highly finished through the process of firepolishing, with polished bottoms. Many of the pieces are impressed with the company logo, a raised capital letter "H" inscribed in a diamond of approximately 1/4 inch (6 mm) in length. This mark is found on the bottom of most large pieces, on the base or stem of drinking glasses and compotes, or inside a foot.
The Heisey Collectors of America (HCA) was formed in 1971 and in 1974 they open the National Heisey Glass Museum, located in Veterans Park in downtown Newark, Ohio. The museum maintains a significant collection of Heisey glass. were it can continue to be viewed and enjoyed by the many visitors to the museum. When the Imperial Glass Company went out of business in the 1980s, the club purchased the Heisey molds and established an archive. The Heisey Collectors of America occasionally reproduces pieces from the original molds, for fundraising purposes, that are sold in the gift shop.
Most of our Heisey items have been obtained directly from the Heisey Collectors of America (HCA) auctions or benefits and are guaranteed to be original Heisey unless otherwise stated.